Quite some Rust this week. As a self-taught programmer , and mostly experienced in Python, I find Rust a very interesting language. Furthermore two articles more towards my past self: photography, and network science.
- Insightful analysis on social norms involving the nature of Open Source work.
- One of the best explanations on the distinction between
&strin Rust, extremely empathic in it's tone. I really like when articles manage to compare things across languages. Bonus: A more extensive and fun read on memory management between C adn Rust very much centered around strings.
- Some more Rust, learning it the dangerous way via porting a C application. Very good read, very instructive, and very detailed.
- A long piece on computational photography. After reading this, I started to respect cellphone cameras/photography and their improvement over time.
- Science divulgation article on how propagation works in networks. Quite nice animated visualizations.